The first phase of project starts its operations from December 2018.
The plant will manufacture a wide range of cotton yarn and will be exported to China, Bangladesh, Pakistan, Turkey, Egypt, Germany, Vietnam, Portugal, etc.
Features of Projects
- First Major Cotton Spinning Unit in GCC Region.
- Will lead to development of a Textile cluster in OMAN.
- Backward integration – Cultivation of cotton can be promoted.
- Generation of foreign currency inflow.
- Employment opportunity for more than 1,700 people.
- Social & Economic Development of the Region.
- A full fledged training center to be established at site for training Omani youth, men and women.
- Our $300m project started
- 3,00,000 spindles and 7,000 Rotors
- Oman Sohar Freezone
- SV Pittie Sohar Textiles launched their textile cluster in Sohar with the inauguration of the Open End Unit No-1 with the starts of 3,500 Rotors.
Dignitaries who attended the launch were :
- HE SULTAN AL HABSI..DY GOVERNOR CENTRAL BANK OF OMAN.
- HE ABDUL SALAM...EXECUTIVE PRESIDENT SGRF.
- HE ZAABI ..CHAIRMAN SOHAR FREE ZONE
- HE TALAL...DY GENERAL SECRETARY SUPREME COUNCIL OF PLANNING.
- HE LAMKI...GOVERNOR AL BATHINA
- CEO OF BANK SOHAR
- CEO OF MEETHAQ ISLAMIC BANK
Multifold Growth in Revenues
- Addition of 3,00,000 spindles and 7,000 rotors in Oman will enhance our capacity and result in higher revenues.
- With oman expansion, the company will reach out to new horizons and have wider network globally
- Expansion into high - value compact yarn product segment.
- State of the art plant, latest machine, automation and technology to lead to better productivity, throughout and margins.